
After

I decided to schedule Kailey an eye appointment while we were at the doctor's office for Bronson. We have been there a lot for vision therapy. I thought it would be good to see if her eyes were okay. Of course I was sure they were fine. Spencer took her to the appointment and the whole way she was talking about how much she wanted glasses. Spencer was trying to let her know in a nice way that she probably would not need them. Well, come to find out, obviously, that she has the same problem as Bronson. It is called amblyopia. It is when one eye is much stronger than the other eye and the brain shuts down the weak eye in order to cope with the deficiency. In the test at the doctor's office Kailey could see fine with both eyes and fine with one eye. When othe other eye was covered she couldn't see anything. Kind of crazy that they both have it because the doctor said that only about 10-15% of children have this. Crazy too because Spencer and I have perfect eye sight. Well, I am really glad that she was so thrilled to get them. That makes things a lot easier.


I decided to schedule Kailey an eye appointment while we were at the doctor's office for Bronson. We have been there a lot for vision therapy. I thought it would be good to see if her eyes were okay. Of course I was sure they were fine. Spencer took her to the appointment and the whole way she was talking about how much she wanted glasses. Spencer was trying to let her know in a nice way that she probably would not need them. Well, come to find out, obviously, that she has the same problem as Bronson. It is called amblyopia. It is when one eye is much stronger than the other eye and the brain shuts down the weak eye in order to cope with the deficiency. In the test at the doctor's office Kailey could see fine with both eyes and fine with one eye. When othe other eye was covered she couldn't see anything. Kind of crazy that they both have it because the doctor said that only about 10-15% of children have this. Crazy too because Spencer and I have perfect eye sight. Well, I am really glad that she was so thrilled to get them. That makes things a lot easier.



She looks so cute in glasses.
ReplyDeleteI think she looks adorable!!! Your little family is growing up and is so cute. It's fun looking at your blog and seeing how much your family has changed since the college days. You guys look great!!!
ReplyDelete